Matsesta is a resort located in the city of Sochi. It is the most famous balneological resort in Russia.
Matsesta is a multi-purpose, year-round resort. This is achieved through location. The combination of a subtropical climate, proximity to mountains and many other factors is a truly natural wealth.
The main healing factor that plays a huge role in Matsesta is hydrogen sulfide water. Water has been famous for centuries in many legends and tales, and the bowl on the emblem of the city of Sochi is a reference to the healing properties of springs with hydrogen sulfide. Matsesta water has a positive effect on the skeletal and joint systems, heals skin diseases, normalizes the work of the heart and blood vessels. It is also known about the ability of spring water to rejuvenate the skin, to help in the treatment of female infertility.
The Matsesta resort has been operating since 1902. During this time, more than 220 million procedures have been performed on the territory of the hospital. Each of these procedures pursued only one goal: to help the patient improve his health, restore his vigor, efficiency and love of life.
Matsesta is a resort rich not only from a therapeutic point of view, but also from a historical point of view. Not far from the balneological institution was Stalin’s dacha. It was the hydrogen sulphide springs that became one of the factors that made Sochi the capital of Russian resorts.
On the territory of Matsesta, patient care is provided not only for sanatorium-resort vouchers. The course of treatment is also available for those who came to Sochi without a voucher. For this, the polyclinic department works all year round, where therapists and gynecologists are receiving appointments. Patients with spa vouchers have the opportunity to stay in the resort in comfortable rooms. Lux or VIP rooms are also available upon request.
Matsesta implements several treatment programs. The choice of the optimal program depends on the patient’s underlying disease; programs can be combined. Among the most popular:
• Matsesta balneotherapy, focused on the use of the healing properties of hydrogen sulfide springs located in the immediate vicinity of the resort;
• “female amulet” – a program focused on the reproductive health of women, helping in the fight against gynecological diseases, female infertility;
• “male power” – a program aimed at protecting male reproductive health, prevention and treatment of prostatitis, therapy of reproductive dysfunction;
• “ease of movement” – a program aimed at the older generation, helping to reduce pain in the joints, improve their mobility;
• “week with Matsesta” – a shortened intensive program focused on strengthening the immune system, eliminating inflammatory processes, etc.
The Matsesta balneological resort is multidisciplinary, and in addition to the programs listed above, it can offer its guests many other directions aimed at treating a wide variety of diseases. Joint pathologies, skin diseases, treatment and prevention of respiratory diseases – this and much more can be found in the list of services provided by the balneological institution.
Baths (hydrogen sulfide, radon, iodine-bromine) – from 850 rubles
Mud applications – from 220 rubles
This post is also available in:
Deutsch (German) Magyar (Hungarian) Italiano (Italian) polski (Polish) Русский (Russian)